Northland Road Trip - Waitangi & Bay of Islands
Check out this itinerary for a weekend packed with Northland culture and adventure. You can tick off a few Northland must-try foods like oysters, kina and makana chocolate while you’re there and you might even spot some dolphins.
This tour is part of our Summer Program and can be booked as a fully guided tour via our Summer Program registration form. Alternatively, you can drive yourself and use the itinerary below to plan your trip.
Start your road trip from Whangarei (only an hour’s drive to the Bay of Islands) or from Auckland (3.5 hours drive).
- Stop at Oyster Place on State Highway 1 before Kawakawa for fresh shell oysters *
- Dinner in Paihia *
- Accommodation: Haka Lodge Backpackers (Paihia CBD)
- Visit the Waitangi Treaty Grounds for cultural performance, movie, tour of grounds and museum tour (allow 3 hours)
- Haruru Falls Kayaking (3 hours)
- Board Rock the Boat Overnight Adventure Cruise – try paintball shooting, kayaking and fishing
- Accommodation: Rock the Boat (includes dinner)
- Activities on Rock the Boat (includes breakfast and lunch) – snorkelling, eat kina, swimming, kayaking, island hop and learn about Project Island Song Conservation Project
- Drive back via Kerikeri
- In Kerikeri, stop at The Packhouse Market to buy local fruit, veg and artisan products
Self-drive Cost – approx. $590 per person
NOTE: Items marked with a * are optional and not included in the tour cost.
To book this ‘Northland Road Trip’ itinerary, phone Rock the Boat on 09 4027796 or email: email@example.com