Nursing at NorthTec - Follow Student Journeys
Registered nurses are on Immigration New Zealand’s skills shortage list. International student nursing graduates make up a large proportion of our nursing workforce and make an important contribution to the industry.
Follow two of our international nursing students’ journeys as they study for a Bachelor of Nursing at NorthTec and work in Whangarei Hospital and with other Northland healthcare providers.
Irene is originally from India and is in her final year of a Bachelor of Nursing at NorthTec. We will be following Irene’s journey as she completes the third year of her degree including a placement at Whangarei Hospital and then graduates into the workforce.
Hillian is from Hong Kong and is currently a year 13 student at Whangarei Girls High School. She is hoping to apply for the Bachelor of Nursing with a view to starting in 2022. We will be following Hillian’s journey as she sitting her IELTS test, graduates from high school and starts her nursing study.
Why study Nursing at NorthTec International?
There are many reasons for international students to study for a Bachelor of Nursing at NorthTec in Whangarei instead of elsewhere in New Zealand. Here are just a few…
- Only $22,700 per year fees (over $10k cheaper than Auckland).
- Tutors are always available, less stressful learning environment.
- ESOL teacher available for free to help with nursing assignments.
- Apartments & homestays walking distance to NorthTec & hospital.
- Students can walk or bike to campus. Parking is free if you drive.
- Dedicated international team on campus.
- Week long orientation, trips throughout the year, weekly meetups.
- Join Study Northland ambassador program for free trips & events.
- Graduates are in demand by local healthcare businesses